Artistic reconstructions of Mesopotamia:
- The Gate of Ishtar, Babylon
- Eriduan processional boat of God Enki
- Mari from above
- The Palace of Mari
- Ur from above
- Ur harbor
- Uruk, a procession at the Inanna temple
- Uruk from above
The prize up for grabs this month is the 2007 Doors documentary When You’re Strange on Blu Ray (region free!)
What do you have to do to have a chance of winning? Just answer the following question:
What is your favourite Doors song, and why?
I will choose the answer that I think is the most inventive and original, so be creative!
Competition is open from Saturday March 1st 2014, and will close at 12am GMT (British) time on Saturday March 8th 2014.
Entries will only be accepted through the ‘Ask Me Anything’ tool on my homepage (under Sharon Tate on the right hand side). Entries placed under blog posts or through the envelope icon on the homepage will NOT be accepted.
Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before entering
1. Entrants MUST be followers to ensure consideration for the prize
2. One entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. - so be creative and think it through before submitting! I am happy to accept one answer given over 2 message boxes max. (I know there’s only 250 characters per box), but you must mark the pages 1/2 and 2/2 so I know that you are submitting one answer.
3. Once a winner has been selected after the close of the competition, I will send a private message to inform them. The winner will then have 72 hours to respond with their full name and address details. Failure to respond will result in the winner losing their prize, and another entrant will be selected as the winner.
4. When confirmation has been received from the winner, an announcement will go up on the page, along with their winning entry!
5. Open to Tumblr followers only (sorry Twitter!)
Artist Name: enrico varrasso
Bronze head from a full length portrait (perhaps of the poet Sophocles)
Hellenistic Greek, 2nd century B.C.
The British Museum